Gum Disease Treatment
Periodontal disease is a serious infection under your gum line.
ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic that kills the bacteria that causes the infection.
- It’s placed directly in the infected areas—or “pockets”—in your gums.
- It’s applied right after scaling and root planing, the dental procedure that disrupts stubborn plaque and bacteria below your gum line—where brushing and flossing can’t reach.
For more information on Teeth Whitening, or to schedule a Consult with Dr. Nancy Ferrara or Dr. Soteres, please use our Contact form or call our Midtown Atlanta GA office: Moores Mill Dental Atlanta Office Phone Number 404-351-5200.
Please also read our Patient Reviews for Arestin below »
ARESTIN® starts working quickly, right at the source of infection, and keeps fighting bacteria long after you leave the dental office. 1,2
ARESTIN® fights infection and inflammation for 30 days,2 and provides significantly better results than scaling and root planing alone for up to 90 days.3
1. Oringer RJ, Al-Shammari KF, Aldredge WA, et al. Effect of locally administered minocycline microspheres on markers of bone resorption. J Periodontol 2002;73:835-842.
2. Goodson JM, Gunsollwy JC, Grossi SG, et al. Minocycline HCl microspheres reduce red-complex bacteria in periodontal disease therapy. J Periodontol 2007;78(8):1568-1579.
3. Williams RC, Paquette DW, Offenbacher S, et al. Treatment of periodontitis by local administration of minocycline microspheres: a controlled trial. J Periodontol 2001;72:1535-1544.
Patient Reviews: Arestin
This reviews section is in progress. Please visit the Patient Review Form page to leave a review about your Arestin experience with Moores Mill Dental. Call our office if you would like more information: Moores Mill Dental Atlanta Office Phone Number 404-351-5200.